We’ve flown a combined 24,000 miles to come here for Thanksgiving. British Airways and American Airlines are flying me and my siblings home to Chicago to surprise my parents for a Thanksgiving meal. I’ve been living in London, Stephanie lives in Spain, my older brother Joe has been living in LA, And my little brother Stephen just moved to San Francisco. My dad has been struggling with some health issues lately so so it’s nice when we can all be together. My parents kind of just don’t expect to see us very much so to be able to surprise them, especially on a holiday where it’s meant to be about family and being together, – How’s it going?
– Good. I think it’s going to be really special. – Hello.
– Hi, Amna. She’s going to be looking after you for the rest of your journey. Have a safe flight. – Thank you very much.
– Thank you. – Cheers!
– Cheers! Living away from home for so long, you really appreciate being able to spend time with your family. My sisters are here! Now we just need Stephen. Steve! – Hi!
[Laughing] – You made it. We were trying to think about the last time when we’ve all been together for Thanksgiving… – How are you?
– Good. and we had to go back to before college. Alright, we did it! I’ve been living abroad for a decade now so to be able to just have lunch with my family is really a special moment for me. – Are you ready to surprise mom and dad? – Yeah, I’m excited. Oh wow! – Thank you. I’m, like, shaking a little bit. Let’s do it. – Hi!
– We’re here. We’ve arrived home. Let’s do it. Happy Thanksgiving! – What the…? – This is a good day! Happy Thanksgiving, mom. Stephen! – Are you OK?
– I don’t know. We’re here to surprise you guys. I feel blessed. It’s been a hard couple of years and, erm… I just feel blessed that somebody would bring them all together for us Life… Life is short and these happy moments… It’s hard when the kids are away and I just feel blessed that this happened and I’ve got them here and I can hug them all in one place. I am surprised to see all four of them at once. That is pretty nice, so… – I haven’t seen you in a long time.
– I know. You have no idea what this means to our family. No idea. Oh my goodness! All you guys… Oh my God! Beautiful! Beautiful! – Good to see you.
– So nice to see you. I thought you were in Florida? Do you know my dad is 94 years old? Still kicking. – On behalf of American Airlines
– and of British Airways We’d like to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. With every family there are some ups, there are some downs. To have this one weekend where we can all just be together, have it be a super positive experience. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, I truly have no idea how we got so lucky to have been chosen for this. I think we all recognise how special this opportunity is. Happy Thanksgiving!